Hello,

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 02:51:48 +0000 Rich Rocque wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I talked with the person in charge about your initial feedback and questions.
> The thought is to switch to a new setup and I was asked to pass it on and ask
> for thoughts on whether this would be sufficient or not.

I assume from the new setup that the current problematic one is also on
AWS, so I'd advice to do a proper analysis there before moving to
something "new".

If you search the ML archives you'll find (few) others that have done
similar things and as far as I can recall none were particular successful.

A virtualized Ceph is going to be harder to get "right" than a HW based
one, doubly so when dealing with AWS network vagaries.
I'm unsure if an AWS region can consist of multiple DCs, if so the
latencies when doing writes would be bad, but then again it seems your use
case is very read-heavy.

That all said, the specs for your proposal look good from a (virtual) HW
perspective.

Christian