On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Deepak Naidu <dna...@nvidia.com> wrote:
> , df always reports entire cluster
> size

... instead of CephFS data pool's size.

This issue has been recorded as a feature
request recently,
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/19109

> Not sure, if this is still true with Jewel CephFS ie
> cephfs does not support any type of quota

If you were interested in setting quota on directories
in a FS, you can do that. See doc,
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/quota/

You'd have to use the FUSE client (kernel client
does not support quotas),
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/fuse/
and set a client config option,
client_quota = true
in Jewel releases (preferably use the latest v10.2.6).
An existing quota issue that was recently discussed
is here,
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/17939

-Ramana