Yes via creates a swap file and nano doesn’t. But when I try fio to write, I
don’t see this happening.

--
Deepak

From: Chris Sarginson [mailto:csarg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:26 PM
To: Deepak Naidu; ceph-users
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] saving file on cephFS mount using vi takes pause/time

Is it related to this the recovery behaviour of vim creating a swap file, which
I think nano does not do?

http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/recover.html

A sync into cephfs I think needs the write to get confirmed all the way down
from the osds performing the write before it returns the confirmation to the
client calling the sync, though I stand to be corrected on that.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 at 22:04 Deepak Naidu