On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Blair Bethwaite
<blair.bethwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 May 2017 at 18:38, Dan van der Ster <d...@vanderster.com> wrote:
>> Seems to work for me, or?
>
> Yeah now that I read the code more I see it is opening and
> manipulating /dev/cpu_dma_latency in response to that option, so the
> TODO comment seems to be outdated. I verified tuned
> latency-performance _is_ doing this properly on our RHEL7.3 nodes
> (maybe I first tested this on 7.2 or just missed something then). In
> any case, I think we're agreed that Ceph should recommend that
> profile.

latency-performance <-- yes

Whether cpu_dma_latency should be 0 or 1, I'm not sure yet. I assume
your 30% boost was when going from throughput-performance to
dma_latency=0, right? I'm trying to understand what is the incremental
improvement from 1 to 0.

-- Dan