On Thu, 8 Jun 2017, Bassam Tabbara wrote:
> Thanks Sage.
>
> > At CDM yesterday we talked about removing the ability to name your ceph
> > clusters.
>
> Just to be clear, it would still be possible to run multiple ceph
> clusters on the same nodes, right?

Yes, but you'd need to either (1) use containers (so that different
daemons see a different /etc/ceph/ceph.conf) or (2) modify the systemd
unit files to do... something.

This is actually no different from Jewel. It's just that currently you can
run a single cluster on a host (without containers) but call it 'foo' and
knock yourself out by passing '--cluster foo' every time you invoke the
CLI.

I'm guessing you're in the (1) case anyway and this doesn't affect you at
all :)

sage