On 2017-06-26T11:28:36, Ashley Merrick <ash...@amerrick.co.uk> wrote:

> With the EC Overwite support, if currently running behind a cache tier in
> Jewel will the overwrite still be of benefit through the cache tier and
> remove the need to promote the full block to make any edits?
>
> Or we better totally removing the cache tier once fully upgraded?

I think cache tiering still promotes the whole object.

You will no longer *need* the cache tier from a functional perspective,
but it might still provide a significant performance advantage.

Is that worth the additional capacity needs and complexity? (Plus the
promote/demote traffic, etc.)

This all will depend on your workload.

Regards,
    Lars