Hi everybody,

i would like to separate MON from OSD as reccomended.
In order to do so without new hardware I'm planning to create all the monitor as a Virtual Machine on top of my hypervisors (Xen).
I'm testing a pool of 8 nodes of Xen.

I'm thinking about create 8 monitor and pin one monitor for one Xen node.
So, i'm guessing, every Ceph monitor'll be local for each node client.
This should speed up the system by local connecting monitors with a little overflown for the monitors sync between nodes.

Is it a good idea have a local monitor virtualized on top of each hypervisor node?
Did you see any understimation or wrong design in this?

Thanks for every helpfull info.

Regards,
Max