I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but when I run this:

# ceph osd deep-scrub 294

All i get in the osd log is:

2017-07-13 16:57:53.782841 7f40d089f700  0 log_channel(cluster) log [INF] :
21.1ae9 deep-scrub starts
2017-07-13 16:57:53.785261 7f40ce09a700  0 log_channel(cluster) log [INF] :
21.1ae9 deep-scrub ok

each time I run it, its the same pg.

Is there some reason its not scrubbing all the pgs?

Aaron

> On Jul 13, 2017, at 10:29 AM, Aaron Bassett <aaron.bass...@nantomics.com>
> wrote:
>
> Ok good to hear, I just kicked one off on the acting primary so I guess I'll
> be patient now...
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron
>
>> On Jul 13, 2017, at 10:28 AM, Dan van der Ster <d...@vanderster.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 4:23 PM, Aaron Bassett
>> <aaron.bass...@nantomics.com> wrote:
>>> Because it was a read error I check SMART stats for that osd's disk and
>>> sure enough, it had some uncorrected read errors. In order to stop it from
>>> causing more problems > I stopped the daemon to let ceph recover from the
>>> other osds. The cluster has now finished rebalancing, but remains in ERR
>>> state as it still thinks this pg is inconsistent.
>>
>> It should clear up after you trigger another deep-scrub on that PG.
>>
>> Cheers, Dan

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended
recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message or
attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error,
please delete and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.