Hi all,

I am quite new with Ceph Storage. Currently we have a Ceph environment
running, but in a few months we will be setting up a new Ceph storage
environment.

I have read a lot of information on the Ceph website, but the more
information the better for me. What book(s) would you suggest?

I found the following books:

Learning Ceph - Karan Singh (Jan 2015)

Ceph Cookbook - Karan Singh (Feb 2016)

Mastering Ceph - Nick Fisk (May 2017)

Another question;

Ceph is self-healing, it will distribute the replicas to the available OSD's
in case of a failure of one of the OSD's. Lets say my setup is configured to
have 3 replicas, this means when there is a failure of one the OSD's it will
start healing. I want that when an OSD fails and only 2 replicas are left,
it shouldn't do anything, only when also the 2nd OSD fails it should start
replicating/healing. Which configuration setting do I need to use, is it the
min size option?

Thanks!