I'm pretty sure the orphan find command does exactly just that -
finding orphans. I remember some emails on the dev list where Yehuda
said he wasn't 100% comfortable of automating the delete just yet.
So the purpose is to run the orphan find tool and then delete the
orphaned objects once you're happy that they all are actually
orphaned.