I think you are searching for this:
|osd scrub sleep|
|http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/osd-config-ref/|

|Denes.|

On 10/25/2017 06:06 PM, Alejandro Comisario wrote:
any comment on this one ?
interesting what to do in this situation

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Adrian Saul <adrian.s...@tpgtelecom.com.au <mailto:adrian.s...@tpgtelecom.com.au>> wrote:

    During a recent snafu with a production cluster I disabled
    scrubbing and deep scrubbing in order to reduce load on the
    cluster while things backfilled and settled down.  The PTSD caused
    by the incident meant I was not keen to re-enable it until I was
    confident we had fixed the root cause of the issues (driver issues
    with a new NIC type introduced with new hardware that did not show
    up until production load hit them).   My cluster is using Jewel
    10.2.1, and is a mix of SSD and SATA over 20 hosts, 352 OSDs in total.

    Fast forward a few weeks and I was ready to re-enable it.  On some
    reading I was concerned the cluster might kick off excessive
    scrubbing once I unset the flags, so I tried increasing the deep
    scrub interval from 7 days to 60 days – with most of the last deep
    scrubs being from over a month before I was hoping it would
    distribute them over the next 30 days.  Having unset the flag and
    carefully watched the cluster it seems to have just run a steady
    catch up without significant impact. What I am noticing though is
    that the scrubbing is seeming to just run through the full set of
    PGs, so it did some 2280 PGs last night over 6 hours, and so far
    today in 12 hours another 4000 odd.  With 13408 PGs, I am guessing
    that all this will stop some time early tomorrow.

    ceph-glb-fec-01[/var/log]$ sudo ceph pg dump|awk '{print
    $20}'|grep 2017|sort|uniq -c

    dumped all in format plain

          5 2017-05-23

         18 2017-05-24

         33 2017-05-25

         52 2017-05-26

         89 2017-05-27

        114 2017-05-28

        144 2017-05-29

        172 2017-05-30

        256 2017-05-31

        191 2017-06-01

        230 2017-06-02

        369 2017-06-03

        606 2017-06-04

        680 2017-06-05

        919 2017-06-06

       1261 2017-06-07

       1876 2017-06-08

         15 2017-06-09

       2280 2017-07-05

       4098 2017-07-06

    My concern is am I now set to have all 13408 PGs do a deep scrub
    in 60 days in a serial fashion again over 3 days.  I would much
    rather they distribute over that period.

    Will the OSDs do this distribution themselves now they have caught
    up, or do I need to say create a script that will trigger batches
    of PGs to deep scrub over time to push out the distribution again?

    *Adrian Saul*|Infrastructure Projects Team Lead
    IT
    T02 9009 9041| M+61 402 075 760
    30 Ross St, Glebe NSW 2037
    adrian.s...@tpgtelecom.com.au
    <mailto:adrian.s...@tpgtelecom.com.au>| www.tpg.com.au
    <http://www.tpg.com.au/>

    *TPG Telecom (ASX: TPM)*

    This email and any attachments are confidential and may be subject
    to copyright, legal or some other professional privilege. They are
    intended solely for the attention and use of the named
    addressee(s). They may only be copied, distributed or disclosed
    with the consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this
    email by mistake or by breach of the confidentiality clause,
    please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete or
    destroy all copies of the email. Any confidentiality, privilege or
    copyright is not waived or lost because this email has been sent
    to you by mistake.

    Confidentiality: This email and any attachments are confidential
    and may be subject to copyright, legal or some other professional
    privilege. They are intended solely for the attention and use of
    the named addressee(s). They may only be copied, distributed or
    disclosed with the consent of the copyright owner. If you have
    received this email by mistake or by breach of the confidentiality
    clause, please notify the sender immediately by return email and
    delete or destroy all copies of the email. Any confidentiality,
    privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this email
    has been sent to you by mistake.

*Alejandro Comisario*
*CTO | NUBELIU*
E-mail: alejan...@nubeliu.com <mailto:alejan...@nubeliu.com>Cell: +54911 3770 1857