Hi everyone,

In January, support for Ubuntu Zesty will run out and we're planning to upgrade our servers to Aardvark. We have a two-node-cluster (and one additional monitoring-only server) and we're using the packages that come with the distro. We have mounted CephFS on the same server with the kernel client in FSTab. AFAIK, Aardvark includes Ceph 12.0. What would happen if we used the usual "do-release-upgrade" to upgrade the servers one-by-one? I assume the procedure described here "http://ceph.com/releases/v12-2-0-luminous-released/"; (section "Upgrade from Jewel or Kraken") probably won't work for us, because "do-release-upgrade" will upgrade all packages (including the ceph ones) at once and then reboots the machine. So we cannot really upgrade only the monitoring nodes. And I'd rather avoid switching to PPAs beforehand. So, what are the real consequences if we upgrade all servers one-by-one with "do-release-upgrade" and then reboot all the nodes? Is it only the downtime why this isnt recommended or do we lose data? Any other recommendations on how to tackle this?

Thank you / BR

Ranjan