Hi Nigel,

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 13:32:43 +0000, nigel davies wrote:

> Ceph version 10.2.5
>
> i have had an Ceph cluster going for a few months, with iscsi servers that
> are linked to Ceph by RBD.
>
> All of an sudden i am starting the ESXI server will louse the isscsi data
> store (disk space goes to 0 B) and i only fix this by rebooting the ISCSI
> server
>
> When checking syslogs on the iscsi server i get a loads of errors like
>
> SENDING TMR_TASK_DOES_NOT_EXIST for ref_tag: XXXX
> like 100+ lines
>
> i looked at the logs and cant see anything saying hung io or an OSD come
> out and back in.
>
> does any one have any susgestions on whats going on??

The TMR_TASK_DOES_NOT_EXIST error indicates that your initiator (ESXi)
is attempting to abort outstanding I/Os. ESXi is pretty latency
sensitive, so I'd guess that the abort-task requests are being sent by
the initiator after tripping a local I/O timeout. Your vmkernel logs
should shed a bit more light on this.

Cheers, David