Hi all,

We would like to implement the following setup.
Our cloud nodes (CNs) for virtual machines have two 10 Gbps NICs: 10.x.y.z/22 (routed through the backbone) and 172.x.y.z/24 (available only on servers within single rack). CNs and ceph nodes are in the same rack. Ceph nodes have two 10 Gpbs NICs in the same networks. We are going to use 172.x.y.z/24 as ceph cluster network for all ceph components' traffic (i.e. OSD/MGR/MON/MDS). But apart from that we are thinking about to use the same cluster network for CNs interactions with ceph nodes (since it is expected the network within single switch in rack to be much faster then the routed via backbone one). So 172.x.y.z/24 is for the following: pure ceph traffic, CNs <=> ceph nodes; 10.x.y.z/22 is for the rest type of ceph clients like VMs with mounted cephfs shares (since VMs doesn't have access to 172.x.y.z/24 net). So I wonder if it's possible to implement something like the following: always use 172.x.y.z/24 if it is availabe on both source and destination otherwise use 10.x.y.z/22.
We have just tried to specify the following in ceph.conf:
cluster network = 172.x.y.z/24
public network = 172.x.y.z/24, 10.x.y.z/22

But it doesn't seem to work.
There is an entry in Redhat Knowledgebase portal [1] called "Ceph Multiple public networks" but there is not solution provided yet.

[1] https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1463363