We have a project using cephfs (ceph-fuse) in kubernetes containers.  For
us the throughput was limited by the mount point and not the cluster.
Having a single mount point for each container would cap with the
throughput of a single mount point.  We ended up mounting cephfs inside of
the containers.  The initial reason we used kubernetes for cephfs was
multi-tenancy benchmarking and we found that a single mount point vs 20
mount points all had the same throughput for our infrastructure (so 20
mounts points was 20x more throughput than 1 mount point).  It wasn't until
we got up to about 100 concurrent mount points that we capped our
throughput, but our total throughput just kept going up the more mount
points we had of ceph-fuse for cephfs.