It is also worth looking at osd_recovery_sleep option.

________________________________
From: ceph-users <ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com> on behalf of Josef Zelenka
<josef.zele...@cloudevelops.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 12:07:45 AM
To: shadow_lin
Cc: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] How to speed up backfill

On 10/01/18 21:53, Josef Zelenka wrote:

Hi, i had the same issue a few days back, i tried playing around with these two:

ceph tell 'osd.*' injectargs '--osd-max-backfills <num>'
ceph tell 'osd.*' injectargs '--osd-recovery-max-active <num> '
 and it helped greatly(increased our recovery speed 20x), but be careful to not
overload your systems.