You would need to create a new pool and migrate the data to that new pool.

Replicated pool fronting an EC pool for RBD is a known-bad workload:
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/cache-tiering/#a-word-of-caution
but others mileage may vary I suppose.

In order to migrate you could do an RBD at a time, I would probably take a
snapshot and than do an `rbd cp` operation from the poolA/snap to
poolB/image

If you are okay with the VMs being powered down you could do an `rbd mv`
which doesnt support renames across pools, though I would prefer the cp
method.

You could also do a wholesale pool copy using `rados cppool` see
http://ceph.com/geen-categorie/ceph-pool-migration/

best of luck.

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 6:37 PM, moftah moftah <moft...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> is there a way to switch a pool that is set to be EC to being replicated
> without the need to switch to new pool and migrate data ?
>
> I am getting poor results from EC and want to switch to replicated but i
> already have customers on the system .
> i using ceph 11
> the EC already have cache tier that is replicated
>
> Thanks

Respectfully,

Wes Dillingham
wes_dilling...@harvard.edu
Research Computing | Senior CyberInfrastructure Storage Engineer
Harvard University | 38 Oxford Street, Cambridge, Ma 02138 | Room 204