It doesn't matter what your failure domain is, the data movement is
significant to change your crush rules to use device classes. You can
attempt to mitigate this by creating new, duplicate rules and change 1 pool
at a time to start using them. In that way you can somewhat control the
backfilling unless you have 1 pool with a vast majority of the data.