Hi!

I am planning a new Flash-based cluster. In the past we used SAMSUNG PM863a
480G as journal drives in our HDD cluster.
After a lot of tests with luminous and bluestore on HDD clusters, we plan
to re-deploy our whole RBD pool (OpenNebula cloud) using these disks.

As far as I understand, it would be best to skip journaling / WAL and just
deploy every OSD 1-by-1. This would have the following pro's (correct me,
if I am wrong):
- maximum performance as the journal is spread accross all devices
- a lost drive does not affect any other drive

Currently we are on CentOS 7 with elrepo 4.4.x-kernel. We plan to migrate
to Ubuntu 16.04.3 with HWE (kernel 4.10).
Clients will be Fedora 27 + OpenNebula.

Any comments?

Thank you.

Kind regards,