Bluestore uses BlocksDB and WAL. When you look through the Ceph
documentation make sure you're looking at the proper branch for the version
you are using, most likely luminous. All ceph documentation URLs are
versioned with Jewel, Hammer, master, etc. There have been a lot of
discussions here on the mailing list about proper sizes and types of disks
for these components.