We just upgraded our last cluster to Luminous.  Since we might need to
renumber our mons in the not-too-distant future, it would be nice to
remove the literal IP addresses of the mons from ceph.conf.  Kraken and
above support a DNS-based mechanism for this based on SRV records[1].

Unfortunately our Rados cluster is IPv6-based, and in testing we found
out that the code that resolves these SRV records only looks for IPv4
addresses (A records) of the hostnames that the SRVs point to.

I just created issue #23078[2] for this.  The description points to
where I think the code would need to be changed.  If I can do anything
to help (in particular test fixes), please let me know.

This might be relevant to others who run IPv6 Rados clusters.
--
Simon.
[1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/mon-lookup-dns/