Osds can change their IP every time they start. When they start and check
in with the mons, they tell the mons where they are.  Changing your public
network requires restarting every daemon. Likely you will want to schedule
downtime for this. Clients can be routed and on whatever subnet you want,
but osds and mons should be on the same subnet.