All right! Thank you very much Jack!

The way I understand this is that it's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean as long as it doesn't harm any data or
cannot cause any other issue.

Unfortunately my scenario consists of only two OSDs therefore there is a replication factor of 2 and min_size=1.

What I am trying to figure out is if it's more dangerous to have min_size=2 rather than 1 in the above scenario and if it gives me any benefits.

I am already aware of the *golden* rule about the minimum number of replicas (3) but the cluster will be reformed soon and until then I would like to know if it's better to go with min_size=2 or not.

Regards,

G.

If min_size == size, a single OSD failure will place your pool read only