Thanks! Your patch works great! The only problem I still see is that the
balancer kicks in even when the old optimize has not finished. It seems it only
evaluated the degraded of value. But while remapping it can happen that none
are degraded but a lot are still misplaced.

I think the balancer should evaluate the ceph health status as well.

Stefan

Excuse my typo sent from my mobile phone.