Hi,

I manage my 2 datacenters with Pacemaker and Booth. One of them is the
publicly-known one, thanks to Booth.
Whatever the "public datacenter", Ceph is a single storage cluster.
Since most of the cephfs traffic come from this "public datacenter",
I'd like to suggest or force the active MDS to move to the same
datacenter, hoping to reduce trafic on the inter-datacenter link, and
reduce cephfs metadata operations latency.

Is it possible for forcefully move the active MDS using external
triggers ?

As I understand it, I can't do that for MONs, because the lowest-rank
available MON is always the leader. It's also probably less of a
problem since MON traffic is low.

--
Nicolas Huillard