On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 11:59 AM, Gary Verhulp <ga...@gmoneylove.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> I’m trying to create bluestore osds with separate --block.wal --block.db
> devices on a write intensive SSD
>
>
>
> I’ve split the SSD (/dev/sda) into two partditions sda1 and sda2 for db and
> wal
>
>
>
>
>
> I seems to me the osd uuid is getting changed and I’m only able to start the
> last OSD
>
>
>
> Do I need to create a new partition or logical volume on the SSD for each
> OSD?

Correct! This is what is needed for each OSD. You are re-using the
same partitions for the other OSD which is why you are getting the
following message:



2018-04-06 19:45:43.730515 7fe91a9cfd00 -1 bluestore(/dev/sda1)
_check_or_set_bdev_label bdev /dev/sda1 fsid
eb6cbcb3-f644-4973-b745-0e4389ef719c does not match our fsid
9d7a103a-f590-4842-bd3d-e9da27c3fb09



>
>
>
> I’m sure this is a simple fail in my understanding of how it is supposed to
> be provisioned.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary
>
>
>
>
>
> [root@osdhost osd]# ceph-volume lvm prepare --bluestore --data /dev/sdc
> --block.wal /dev/sda2 --block.db /dev/sda1
>
> Running command: sudo vgcreate --force --yes
> ceph-5a6b8ab6-ca12-4855-9a5a-a3a54c249034 /dev/sdc
>
> stdout: Physical volume "/dev/sdc" successfully created.
>
> stdout: Volume group "ceph-5a6b8ab6-ca12-4855-9a5a-a3a54c249034"
> successfully created
>
> Running command: sudo lvcreate --yes -l 100%FREE -n
> osd-block-9d7a103a-f590-4842-bd3d-e9da27c3fb09
> ceph-5a6b8ab6-ca12-4855-9a5a-a3a54c249034
>
> stdout: Logical volume "osd-block-9d7a103a-f590-4842-bd3d-e9da27c3fb09"
> created.
>
> Running command: sudo mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /dev/dm-2
>
> Running command: sudo ln -s
> /dev/ceph-5a6b8ab6-ca12-4855-9a5a-a3a54c249034/osd-block-9d7a103a-f590-4842-bd3d-e9da27c3fb09
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block
>
> Running command: sudo ceph --cluster ceph --name client.bootstrap-osd
> --keyring /var/lib/ceph/bootstrap-osd/ceph.keyring mon getmap -o
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/activate.monmap
>
> stderr: got monmap epoch 1
>
> Running command: ceph-authtool /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/keyring
> --create-keyring --name osd.1 --add-key
> AQDjL8haKmzYOhAAM7ehRUUgF/n4x/Ybu7VR/g==
>
> stdout: creating /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/keyring
>
> stdout: added entity osd.1 auth auth(auid = 18446744073709551615
> key=AQDjL8haKmzYOhAAM7ehRUUgF/n4x/Ybu7VR/g== with 0 caps)
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/keyring
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /dev/sda2
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /dev/sda1
>
> Running command: sudo ceph-osd --cluster ceph --osd-objectstore bluestore
> --mkfs -i 1 --monmap /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/activate.monmap --key
> **************************************** --bluestore-block-wal-path
> /dev/sda2 --bluestore-block-db-path /dev/sda1 --osd-data
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/ --osd-uuid 9d7a103a-f590-4842-bd3d-e9da27c3fb09
> --setuser ceph --setgroup ceph
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:41:44.519662 7f734f2e4d00 -1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1//block) _read_bdev_label unable to decode
> label at offset 102: buffer::malformed_input: void
> bluestore_bdev_label_t::decode(ceph::buffer::list::iterator&) decode past
> end of struct encoding
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:41:44.520939 7f734f2e4d00 -1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1//block) _read_bdev_label unable to decode
> label at offset 102: buffer::malformed_input: void
> bluestore_bdev_label_t::decode(ceph::buffer::list::iterator&) decode past
> end of struct encoding
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:41:44.521190 7f734f2e4d00 -1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1//block) _read_bdev_label unable to decode
> label at offset 102: buffer::malformed_input: void
> bluestore_bdev_label_t::decode(ceph::buffer::list::iterator&) decode past
> end of struct encoding
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:41:44.521454 7f734f2e4d00 -1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/) _read_fsid unparsable uuid
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:41:47.307648 7f734f2e4d00 -1 key
> AQDjL8haKmzYOhAAM7ehRUUgF/n4x/Ybu7VR/g==
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:41:48.068161 7f734f2e4d00 -1 created object store
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/ for osd.1 fsid
> 1ff50434-64ad-42bd-9a70-1968e4a9a813
>
>
>
>
>
> [root@osdhost osd]# ceph-bluestore-tool show-label --dev /dev/sda1
>
> {
>
>     "/dev/sda1": {
>
>         "osd_uuid": "9d7a103a-f590-4842-bd3d-e9da27c3fb09",
>
>         "size": 200043171840,
>
>         "btime": "2018-04-06 19:41:44.523894",
>
>         "description": "bluefs db"
>
>     }
>
> }
>
>
>
> [root@osdhost  osd]# ceph-volume lvm prepare --bluestore --data /dev/sdd
> --block.wal /dev/sda2 --block.db /dev/sda1
>
> Running command: sudo vgcreate --force --yes
> ceph-cc91203d-de5c-4d27-8c48-a58663075e67 /dev/sdd
>
> stdout: Physical volume "/dev/sdd" successfully created.
>
> stdout: Volume group "ceph-cc91203d-de5c-4d27-8c48-a58663075e67"
> successfully created
>
> Running command: sudo lvcreate --yes -l 100%FREE -n
> osd-block-eb6cbcb3-f644-4973-b745-0e4389ef719c
> ceph-cc91203d-de5c-4d27-8c48-a58663075e67
>
> stdout: Logical volume "osd-block-eb6cbcb3-f644-4973-b745-0e4389ef719c"
> created.
>
> Running command: sudo mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /dev/dm-8
>
> Running command: sudo ln -s
> /dev/ceph-cc91203d-de5c-4d27-8c48-a58663075e67/osd-block-eb6cbcb3-f644-4973-b745-0e4389ef719c
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/block
>
> Running command: sudo ceph --cluster ceph --name client.bootstrap-osd
> --keyring /var/lib/ceph/bootstrap-osd/ceph.keyring mon getmap -o
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/activate.monmap
>
> stderr: got monmap epoch 1
>
> Running command: ceph-authtool /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/keyring
> --create-keyring --name osd.6 --add-key
> AQA2MMha4FtRFRAAnWV4s4D7/Y9PVZpFBgoLpA==
>
> stdout: creating /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/keyring
>
> stdout: added entity osd.6 auth auth(auid = 18446744073709551615
> key=AQA2MMha4FtRFRAAnWV4s4D7/Y9PVZpFBgoLpA== with 0 caps)
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/keyring
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /dev/sda2
>
> Running command: chown -R ceph:ceph /dev/sda1
>
> Running command: sudo ceph-osd --cluster ceph --osd-objectstore bluestore
> --mkfs -i 6 --monmap /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/activate.monmap --key
> **************************************** --bluestore-block-wal-path
> /dev/sda2 --bluestore-block-db-path /dev/sda1 --osd-data
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/ --osd-uuid eb6cbcb3-f644-4973-b745-0e4389ef719c
> --setuser ceph --setgroup ceph
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:43:06.855431 7f66aa9e1d00 -1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6//block) _read_bdev_label unable to decode
> label at offset 102: buffer::malformed_input: void
> bluestore_bdev_label_t::decode(ceph::buffer::list::iterator&) decode past
> end of struct encoding
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:43:06.856732 7f66aa9e1d00 -1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6//block) _read_bdev_label unable to decode
> label at offset 102: buffer::malformed_input: void
> bluestore_bdev_label_t::decode(ceph::buffer::list::iterator&) decode past
> end of struct encoding
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:43:06.856985 7f66aa9e1d00 -1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6//block) _read_bdev_label unable to decode
> label at offset 102: buffer::malformed_input: void
> bluestore_bdev_label_t::decode(ceph::buffer::list::iterator&) decode past
> end of struct encoding
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:43:06.857229 7f66aa9e1d00 -1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/) _read_fsid unparsable uuid
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:43:09.643778 7f66aa9e1d00 -1 key
> AQA2MMha4FtRFRAAnWV4s4D7/Y9PVZpFBgoLpA==
>
> stderr: 2018-04-06 19:43:10.404159 7f66aa9e1d00 -1 created object store
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-6/ for osd.6 fsid
> 1ff50434-64ad-42bd-9a70-1968e4a9a813
>
>
>
>
>
> [root@osdhost osd]# ceph-bluestore-tool show-label --dev /dev/sda1
>
> {
>
>     "/dev/sda1": {
>
>         "osd_uuid": "eb6cbcb3-f644-4973-b745-0e4389ef719c",
>
>         "size": 200043171840,
>
>         "btime": "2018-04-06 19:43:06.859357",
>
>         "description": "bluefs db"
>
>     }
>
> }
>
> In this case I’ve made OSD 1 and OSD 6
>
> 1 was first and I cannnot start it, but I can start 6
>
>
>
>
>
> In the OSD log for osd.1  it complains that sda1 fsid
> eb6cbcb3-f644-4973-b745-0e4389ef719c does not match our fsid
> 9d7a103a-f590-4842-bd3d-e9da27c3fb09
>
>
>
> 018-04-06 19:45:43.397317 7fe91a9cfd00  0 set uid:gid to 1000:1000
> (ceph:ceph)
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.397351 7fe91a9cfd00  0 ceph version 12.2.2
> (cf0baeeeeba3b47f9427c6c97e2144b094b7e5ba) luminous (stable), process
> (unknown), pid 145234
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.402799 7fe91a9cfd00 -1 Public network was set, but
> cluster network was not set
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.402807 7fe91a9cfd00 -1     Using public network also for
> cluster network
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.408794 7fe91a9cfd00  0 pidfile_write: ignore empty
> --pid-file
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.473264 7fe91a9cfd00  0 load: jerasure load: lrc load:
> isa
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.473380 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev create path
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block type kernel
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.473394 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev(0x562bbfb82200
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block) open path /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.473802 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev(0x562bbfb82200
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block) open size 1800358854656 (0x1a32dc00000, 1676
> GB) block_size 4096 (4096 B) rotational
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.474000 7fe91a9cfd00  1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1) _set_cache_sizes max 0.5 < ratio 0.99
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.474035 7fe91a9cfd00  1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1) _set_cache_sizes cache_size 1073741824
> meta 0.5 kv 0.5 data 0
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.474045 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev(0x562bbfb82200
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block) close
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.729419 7fe91a9cfd00  1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1) _mount path /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.729695 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev create path
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block type kernel
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.729709 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev(0x562bbfb82a00
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block) open path /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730019 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev(0x562bbfb82a00
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block) open size 1800358854656 (0x1a32dc00000, 1676
> GB) block_size 4096 (4096 B) rotational
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730195 7fe91a9cfd00  1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1) _set_cache_sizes max 0.5 < ratio 0.99
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730208 7fe91a9cfd00  1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1) _set_cache_sizes cache_size 1073741824
> meta 0.5 kv 0.5 data 0
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730275 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev create path /dev/sda1 type
> kernel
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730280 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev(0x562bbf831800 /dev/sda1)
> open path /dev/sda1
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730477 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev(0x562bbf831800 /dev/sda1)
> open size 200043171840 (0x2e93809000, 186 GB) block_size 4096 (4096 B)
> non-rotational
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730485 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bluefs add_block_device bdev 1
> path /dev/sda1 size 186 GB
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730515 7fe91a9cfd00 -1 bluestore(/dev/sda1)
> _check_or_set_bdev_label bdev /dev/sda1 fsid
> eb6cbcb3-f644-4973-b745-0e4389ef719c does not match our fsid
> 9d7a103a-f590-4842-bd3d-e9da27c3fb09
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730522 7fe91a9cfd00 -1
> bluestore(/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1) _open_db check block device(/dev/sda1)
> label returned: (5) Input/output error
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.730539 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev(0x562bbf831800 /dev/sda1)
> close
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:43.984716 7fe91a9cfd00  1 bdev(0x562bbfb82a00
> /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-1/block) close
>
> 2018-04-06 19:45:44.234989 7fe91a9cfd00 -1 osd.1 0 OSD:init: unable to mount
> object store
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> ceph-users mailing list
> ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
> http://lists.ceph.com/listinfo.cgi/ceph-users-ceph.com
>
_______________________________________________
ceph-users mailing list
ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
http://lists.ceph.com/listinfo.cgi/ceph-users-ceph.com

Reply via email to