From: Paul Emmerich [mailto:paul.emmer...@croit.io]
Sent: donderdag 12 april 2018 11:04
To: Marc Roos
Cc: ceph-users
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Ceph scrub logs: _scan_snaps no head for
$object?

Usually the problem is not that you are missing snapshot data, but that
you got too many snapshots, so your snapshots are probably fine. You're
just wasting space.

Paul

        Hi Paul,

        This is a small test cluster, and the rbd pool is replicated. I am
        hardly using any clients on the cluster. Furthermore I have been
the
        only one creating the snapshots and I know for sure that I was not
        trying to delete them. If so I have been doing this on one of the
ceph
        nodes.

        I have these issues on images with
        create_timestamp: Tue Jul 18 20:51:40 2017
        create_timestamp: Fri Sep  1 13:55:25 2017
        create_timestamp: Fri Sep  1 13:59:10 2017
        create_timestamp: Wed Jan  3 16:38:57 2018

        Updates have been done in February, so theoretically I should not
be
        seeing these than any more?
        Feb 21 15:13:35 Updated: 2:ceph-osd-12.2.3-0.el7.x86_64
        Feb 28 13:33:27 Updated: 2:ceph-osd-12.2.4-0.el7.x86_64

        How can I determine what snapshot is bad of this image?
        Should this snapshot be considered lost?
        And is deleting this snapshot the only way to fix this?