On 26.04.2018 17:05, DHD.KOHA wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if this is possible,

I am currently running a ceph cluster consisting of 3 servers as monitors  and 6 OSD  servers that host the disk drives, that is 10x8T for osds on  each server.

Since we did some cleaning around of the old servers

I am able to create another OSD cluster with 3 servers having 16Drives of 10T each.

Since adding the above servers to expand the current servers of OSDs doesn't seem to be a good idea according to the documentation, because the disk drives are of different size 8T and 10T

I wonder if it is possible to create another cluster

using the same 3 monitors and have them to monitor a second cluster also,

so that

--cluster ceph

--cluster ceph2

processes are running on the same monitor set of servers.

I do not think you can make a new cluster that share mon servers easily.

But you can make a new class of hdd, eg call it hdd10 or something . and create/move some pools to use that class of device. It is the same cluster but the pools will not share disks. so you need to "think" about them almost like separate clusters.
and that should be quite straight forward

https://ceph.com/community/new-luminous-crush-device-classes/

kind regards
Ronny Aasen