Le vendredi 04 mai 2018 à 00:25 -0700, Tracy Reed a écrit :
> On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 12:18:15AM PDT, Tracy Reed spake thusly:
> > https://jcftang.github.io/2012/09/06/going-from-replicating-across-
> > osds-to-replicating-across-hosts-in-a-ceph-cluster/
>
> <snip>
> > How can I tell which way mine is configured? I could post the whole
> > crushmap if necessary but it's a bit large to copy and paste.
>
> To further answer my own question (sorry for the spam) the above
> linked
> doc says this should do what I want:
>
>         step chooseleaf firstn 0 type host
>
> which is what I already have in my crush map. So it looks like the
> default is as I want it. In which case I wonder why I had the problem
> previously... I guess the only way to know for sure is to stop one
> osd
> node and see what happens.

You can test the crush rules.
See http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map-edits/

Examples from my own notes:
ceph osd getcrushmap -o crushmap
crushtool -i crushmap --test --rule 0 --num-rep 4 --show-utilization
crushtool -i crushmap --test --rule 0 --num-rep 4 --show-mappings
--show-choose-tries --show-statistics | less
etc.

This helped me validate the placement on different hosts and
datacenters.

--
Nicolas Huillard