I actually tried to search the ML before bringing up this topic. Because
I do not get the logic choosing this direction.

- Bluestore is created to cut out some fs overhead,
- everywhere 10Gb is recommended because of better latency. (I even
posted here something to make ceph better performing with 1Gb eth,
disregarded because it would add complexity, fine, I can understand)

And then because of some start-up/automation issues, lets add the lvm
tier? Introducing a layer that is constantly there and adds some
overhead (maybe not that much) for every read and write operation?

Is see ceph-disk as a tool to prepare the osd and the do the rest
myself. Without ceph-deploy or ansible, because I trust more what I see
I type than someone else scripted. I don’t have any startup problems.

Do assume I am not an expert in any field. But it is understandable that
having nothing between the disk access and something (lvm) should have a
performance penalty.
I know you can hack around nicely with disks and lvm, but those pro's
fall into the same category of questions people are suggesting related
to putting disks in raid.

Let alone the risk that your are taking when there is going to be a
significant performance penalty:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/284897601_LVM_in_the_Linux_environment_Performance_examination
https://hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak&id_clanak_jezik=216661