On Wed, 27 Jun 2018, Matthew Vernon said:
> Hi,
>
> On 27/06/18 11:18, Thomas Bennett wrote:
>
> > We have a particular use case that we know that we're going to be
> > writing lots of objects (up to 3 million) into a bucket. To take
> > advantage of sharding, I'm wanting to shard buckets, without the
> > performance hit of resharding.
>
> I assume you're running Jewel (Luminous has dynamic resharding); you can
> set rgw_override_bucket_index_max_shards = X in your ceph.conf, which
> will cause all new buckets to have X shards for the indexes.
>
> HTH,
>
> Matthew

But watch out if you are running Luminous - manual and automatic
resharding breaks if you have versioning or lifecycles on your bucket.
Fix in next stable release 12.2.6 apparently.

http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2018-January/023968.html
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/23886

Sean