Some progress, and more pain...

I was able to recover the 200.00000000 using the ceph-objectstore-tool for one of the OSDs (all identical copies) but trying to re-inject it just with rados put was giving no error while the get was still giving the same I/O error. So the solution was to rm the object and the put it again, that worked.

However, after restarting one of the MDSes and seeting it to repaired, I've hit another, similar problem:

2018-07-12 17:04:41.999136 7f54c3f4e700 -1 log_channel(cluster) log [ERR] : error reading table object 'mds0_inotable' -5 ((5) Input/output error)

Can I safely try to do the same as for object 200.00000000? Should I check something before trying it? Again, checking the copies of the object, they have identical md5sums on all the replicas.

Thanks,

    Alessandro