Folks,

I am building new ceph storage and i have currently 8 OSD total (in
future i am going to add more)

Based on official document I should do following to calculate Total PG

8 * 100 / 3 = 266  ( nearest power of 2 is 512 )

Now i have 2 pool at present in my ceph cluster (images & vms) so per
pool PG would be

8 * 100 / 3 / 2 = 133 ( nearest power of 2 is 256 )

so my pg_num and pgp_num both would be 256, am i correct?

Lets say after 1 week i add 8 more OSD in cluster then should i need
to re-run same calculation with 16 OSD and adjust all my pool pg_num &
pgp_num ?  is it safe to do in production?