De: ceph-users <ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com> En nombre de Sam Huracan
Enviado el: viernes, 3 de agosto de 2018 16:36
Para: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Asunto: Re: [ceph-users] FileStore SSD (journal) vs BlueStore SSD (DB/Wal)

Hi,

Anyone can help us answer these questions?

<nowitzki.sa...@gmail.com<mailto:nowitzki.sa...@gmail.com>>:
Hi Cephers,

We intend to upgrade our Cluster from Jewel to Luminous (or Mimic?)

Our model is currently using OSD File Store with SSD Journal (1 SSD for 7 SATA
7.2K)

My question are:

1.Should we change to BlueStore with DB/WAL put in SSD and data in HDD? (we
want to keep the model using journal SSD for caching). Is there any improvement
in overall performance? We think with model SSD cache, FileStore will write
faster because data written in SSD before flushing to SAS, whereas with
BlueStore, data will be written directly to SAS.

2. Do you guys ever benchmark and compare 2 cluster: FileStore SSD (journal)
and BlueStore SSD (DB/WAL) like that?

Thanks in advance.