Hi,

All our settings for this:

mon cluster log to graylog = true
mon cluster log to graylog host = {graylog-server-hostname}

On 9 Aug 2018, at 19:33, Roman Steinhart
<ro...@aternos.org<mailto:ro...@aternos.org>> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up ceph logging into graylog.
For that I've set the following options in ceph.conf:
log_to_graylog = true
err_to_graylog = true
log_to_graylog_host = graylog.service.consul
log_to_graylog_port = 12201
mon_cluster_log_to_graylog = true
mon_cluster_log_to_graylog_host = graylog.service.consul
mon_cluster_log_to_graylog_port = 12201
clog_to_graylog = true
clog_to_graylog_host = graylog.service.consul
clog_to_graylog_port = 12201

According to the graylog server.log file it looks like ceph accepted these
config options and sends log messages to graylog, however graylog is not able
to process these message cause of this error:
https://paste.steinh.art/jezerobevu.apache

It says: "has empty mandatory "host" field."
How can I advice ceph to fill this host field?
Or is it because of a version incompatibility between ceph and graylog?

We're using ceph 12.2.7 and graylog 2.4.6+ceaa7e4

Maybe someone of you was already able to get graylog working and is able to
help me with this problem?

Kind regards,

Roman