On 16/08/2018 11:01, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
Hi Norman,

Thanx for trying the Ceph port.
As you will find out it is still rough around the edges...
But please feel free to ask questions (on the ceph-user list)

Which I will try to help answer as good as I can.
And also feel free to send me feedback as much as you can to improve
either the code, and/or documentation.

One of the fixes you will run into is that it was suggested to create an osd zpool volume with:
      zpool create -o mountpoint=/var/lib/ceph/osd/osd.1 osd
And that is in some older man-pages.

This will not work, it needs to be:
     gpart create -s GPT ada1
     gpart add -t freebsd-zfs -l osd1 ada1
     zpool create zpool gpt/osd1
     zfs create -o mountpoint=/var/lib/ceph/osd/osd.1 osd.1

In the mean time I have uploaded a PR to fix this in the manual, which should read:
      gpart create -s GPT ada1
      gpart add -t freebsd-zfs -l osd.1 ada1
      zpool create osd.1 gpt/osd.1
      zfs create -o mountpoint=/var/lib/ceph/osd/osd.1 osd.1

--WjW