Correct, except it doesn't have to be a specific host or a specific
OSD.  What matters here is whether the client is idle.  As soon as the
client is woken up and sends a request to _any_ OSD, it receives a new
osdmap and applies it, possibly emitting those dmesg entries.

Thanks for the clarification!