The official ceph documentation recommendations for a db partition for a
4TB bluestore osd would be 160GB each.

Samsung Evo Pro is not an Enterprise class SSD. A quick search of the ML
will allow which SSDs people are using.

As was already suggested, the better option is an HBA as opposed to a raid
controller. If you are set on your controllers, write-back is fine as long
as you have BBU. Otherwise you should be using write-through.