In searching the code for rbytes it makes a lot of sense how this is useful
for quotas in general.  While nothing references this variable in the
ceph-fuse code, it is in the general client config options as
`client_dirsize_rbytes = false`.  Setting that in the config file and
remounting ceph-fuse removed the sizes being displayed from the folders and
resolved the errors when immediately tarring a folder after modifying files
in it.

Thank you Greg for your help.