Hi,

I've recently tried to setup a user for CephFS running on a pair of replicated+erasure pools, but after I ran

ceph fs authorize ecfs client.samba / rw

The "client.samba" user could only see listings, but couldn't read or write any files. I've tried to look in logs and to raise the debug level and I've seen no clues about this problem.

However, when I then modified its caps with:

ceph auth caps client.samba mds 'allow rw' mon 'allow r' osd 'allow rw tag cephfs data=ecfs, allow rw pool=ecpool'

Everything went OK and the user gained read-write access to files.

Does that mean there's a bug in CephFS caps that prevents users from reading or writing to an FS running on a EC pool?

--
With best regards,
  Vitaliy Filippov