Hi Cary,

I ran across your email on the ceph-users mailing list 'Signature check failures.'.

I've just run across the same issue on my end.  Also Gentoo user here.

Running Ceph 12.2.5... 32bit/armhf  and 64bit/x64_64.

Was your environment mixed or strictly just x86_64?

What is interesting, is that my 32bit/armhf (built with USE="ssl -nss") OSDs have no problem talking to themselves, or my 64bit/x86_64 (built with USE="-ssl nss") OSDs or my 64bit/x86_64 (built with USE="-ssl nss") clients.

Trying to build new 64bit/x86_64 (built with USE="ssl -nss") OSDs and getting this same error with a simple 'rbd ls -l'.

OpenSSL version is 1.0.2p. Do you remember which version of OpenSSL you were building against? 'genlop -e openssl' will show you.

The locally calculated signature most times looks really short, so I'm wondering if we're hitting some kind of variable size issue... maybe overflow too?

Would appreciate any insight you could give.

Thanks!

Dyweni