Hi Bryan,

I think this is the old hammer thread you refer to:
http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2016-September/013060.html

We also have osdmaps accumulating on v12.2.8 -- ~12000 per osd at the moment.

I'm trying to churn the osdmaps like before, but our maps are not being trimmed.

Did you need to restart the osd's before the churn trick would work?
If so, it seems that something is holding references to old maps, like
like that old hammer issue.

Cheers, Dan