Hello list,

I noticed my last post was displayed as a reply to a different thread, so I re-send my question, please excuse the noise.

There are two config options of mon/osd interaction that I don't fully understand. Maybe one of you could clarify it for me.

mon osd report timeout
- The grace period in seconds before declaring unresponsive Ceph OSD Daemons down. Default 900

mon osd down out interval
- The number of seconds Ceph waits before marking a Ceph OSD Daemon down and out if it doesn’t respond. Default 600

I've seen the mon_osd_down_out_interval beeing hit plenty of times, e.g. If I manually take down an OSD it will be marked out after 10 minutes. But I can't quite remember seeing the 900 seconds timeout happen. When exactly will the mon_osd_report_timeout kick in? Does this mean that if for some reason one OSD is unresponsive the MON will mark it down after 15 minutes, then wait another 10 minutes until it is marked out so the recovery can start?

I'd appreciate any insight!

Regards,
Eugen