Hi.  Welcome to the community.

On 01/14/2019 07:56 AM, David C wrote:
Hi All

I've been playing around with the nfs-ganesha 2.7 exporting a cephfs filesystem, it seems to be working pretty well so far. A few questions:

1) The docs say " For each NFS-Ganesha export, FSAL_CEPH uses a libcephfs client,..." [1]. For arguments sake, if I have ten top level dirs in my Cephfs namespace, is there any value in creating a separate export for each directory? Will that potentially give me better performance than a single export of the entire namespace?

I don't believe there are any advantages from the Ceph side. From the Ganesha side, you configure permissions, client ACLs, squashing, and so on on a per-export basis, so you'll need different exports if you need different settings for each top level directory. If they can all use the same settings, one export is probably better.

2) Tuning: are there any recommended parameters to tune? So far I've found I had to increase client_oc_size which seemed quite conservative.

Ganesha is just a standard libcephfs client, so any tuning you'd make on any other cephfs client also applies to Ganesha. I'm not aware of anything in particular, but I've never deployed it for anything other than testing.

Daniel