Alfredo,

Alfredo Deza wrote:
: On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 7:21 AM Jan Kasprzak <k...@fi.muni.cz> wrote:
: > Eugen Block wrote:
: > :
: > : I think you're running into an issue reported a couple of times.
: > : For the use of LVM you have to specify the name of the Volume Group
: > : and the respective Logical Volume instead of the path, e.g.
: > :
: > : ceph-volume lvm prepare --bluestore --block.db ssd_vg/ssd00 --data
/dev/sda
: > thanks, I will try it. In the meantime, I have discovered another way
: > how to get around it: convert my SSDs from MBR to GPT partition table,
: > and then create 15 additional GPT partitions for the respective block.dbs
: > instead of 2x15 LVs.
:
: This is because ceph-volume can accept both LVs or GPT partitions for block.db
:
: Another way around this, that doesn't require you to create the LVs is
: to use the `batch` sub-command, that will automatically
: detect your HDD and put data on it, and detect the SSD and create the
: block.db LVs. The command could look something like:
:
:
: ceph-volume lvm batch --bluestore /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd
: /dev/nvme0n1
:
: Would create 4 OSDs, place data on: sda, sdb, sdc, and sdd. And create
: 4 block.db LVs on nvme0n1

        Interesting. Thanks!

        Can the batch command accept also partitions instead of a whole
device for block.db? I already have two partitions on my SSDs for
root and swap.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/                         GPG: 4096R/A45477D5 |