Hi Stefan,

>>currently i'm in the process of switching back from jemalloc to tcmalloc
>>like suggested. This report makes me a little nervous about my change.
Well,I'm really not sure that it's a tcmalloc bug.
maybe bluestore related (don't have filestore anymore to compare)
I need to compare with bigger latencies

here an example, when all osd at 20-50ms before restart, then after restart (at
21:15), 1ms
http://odisoweb1.odiso.net/latencybad.png

I observe the latency in my guest vm too, on disks iowait.

http://odisoweb1.odiso.net/latencybadvm.png

>>Also i'm currently only monitoring latency for filestore osds. Which
>>exact values out of the daemon do you use for bluestore?

here my influxdb queries:

It take op_latency.sum/op_latency.avgcount on last second.

SELECT non_negative_derivative(first("op_latency.sum"),
1s)/non_negative_derivative(first("op_latency.avgcount"),1s)   FROM "ceph"
WHERE "host" =~  /^([[host]])$/  AND "id" =~ /^([[osd]])$/ AND $timeFilter
GROUP BY time($interval), "host", "id" fill(previous)

SELECT non_negative_derivative(first("op_w_latency.sum"),
1s)/non_negative_derivative(first("op_w_latency.avgcount"),1s)   FROM "ceph"
WHERE "host" =~ /^([[host]])$/  AND collection='osd'  AND  "id" =~
/^([[osd]])$/ AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($interval), "host", "id"
fill(previous)

SELECT non_negative_derivative(first("op_w_process_latency.sum"),
1s)/non_negative_derivative(first("op_w_process_latency.avgcount"),1s)   FROM

Am 30.01.19 um 08:33 schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
> Hi,
>
> here some new results,
> different osd/ different cluster
>
> before osd restart latency was between 2-5ms
> after osd restart is around 1-1.5ms
>
> http://odisoweb1.odiso.net/cephperf2/bad.txt (2-5ms)
> http://odisoweb1.odiso.net/cephperf2/ok.txt (1-1.5ms)
> http://odisoweb1.odiso.net/cephperf2/diff.txt
>
> From what I see in diff, the biggest difference is in tcmalloc, but maybe I'm
> wrong.
> (I'm using tcmalloc 2.5-2.2)

currently i'm in the process of switching back from jemalloc to tcmalloc
like suggested. This report makes me a little nervous about my change.

Also i'm currently only monitoring latency for filestore osds. Which
exact values out of the daemon do you use for bluestore?

I would like to check if i see the same behaviour.

Greets,
Stefan