From: ceph-users <ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com> on behalf of Shain Miley
<smi...@npr.org>
Date: Monday, February 4, 2019 at 3:03 PM
To: "ceph-users@lists.ceph.com" <ceph-users@lists.ceph.com>
Subject: [ceph-users] crush map has straw_calc_version=0 and legacy tunables on
luminous

Hello,
I just upgraded our cluster to 12.2.11 and I have a few questions around
straw_calc_version and tunables.

Currently ceph status shows the following:

crush map has straw_calc_version=0
crush map has legacy tunables (require argonaut, min is firefly)

  1.  Will setting tunables to optimal also change the staw_calc_version or do
I need to set that separately?

  2.  Right now I have a set of rbd kernel clients connecting using kernel
version 4.4.  The ‘ceph daemon mon.id sessions’ command shows that this client
is still connecting using the hammer feature set (and a few others on jewel as
well):

"MonSession(client.113933130 10.35.100.121:0/3425045489 is open allow *,
features 0x7fddff8ee8cbffb (jewel))",  “MonSession(client.112250505
10.35.100.99:0/4174610322 is open allow *, features 0x106b84a842a42 (hammer))",

My question is what is the minimum kernel version I would need to upgrade the
4.4 kernel server to in order to get to jewel or luminous?

  1.  Will setting the tunables to optimal on luminous prevent jewel and hammer
clients from connecting?  I want to make sure I don’t do anything will prevent
my existing clients from connecting to the cluster.

Thanks in advance,
Shain

--
Shain Miley | Manager of Systems and Infrastructure, Digital Media |
smi...@npr.org | 202.513.3649