Hello,

Check your CPU usage when you are doing those kind of operations. We
had a similar issue where our CPU monitoring was reporting fine < 40%
usage, but our load on the nodes was high mid 60-80. If it's possible
try disabling ht and see the actual cpu usage.
If you are hitting CPU limits you can try disabling crc on messages.
ms_nocrc
ms_crc_data
ms_crc_header

And setting all your debug messages to 0.
If you haven't done you can also lower your recovery settings a little.
osd recovery max active
osd max backfills

You can also lower your file store threads.
filestore op threads

If you can also switch to bluestore from filestore. This will also
lower your CPU usage. I'm not sure that this is bluestore that does
it, but I'm seeing lower cpu usage when moving to bluestore + rocksdb
compared to filestore + leveldb .