Hi,

Please keep in mind that setting the ‘nodown' flag will prevent PGs from
becoming degraded but will also prevent client's requests from being served by
other OSDs that would have take over the non responsive one without the
‘nodown’ flag in a healthy manner. And this the whole time the OSD is non
responsive.

Regards,
Frédéric.