I can't speak to the rdma portion. But to clear up what each of these
does... the cluster network is only traffic between the osds for
replicating writes, reading EC data, as well as backfilling and recovery
io. Mons, mds, rgw, and osds talking with clients all happen on the public
network. The general consensus has been to not split the two networks,
except for maybe by vlans for potential statistics and graphing. Even if
you were running out of bandwidth, just upgrade the dual interface instead
of segregating them physically.